Directorate of Economics & Statistics
Important Functions :
- To collect, compile and process the statistical data and disseminate in the form of important statistical publications pertaining to the economy of the State.
- To conduct socio-economic studies, surveys and census related to various socio-economic aspects vital to the development in the State.
- To compile and prepare estimates of State Domestic Product and related aggregates.
- To assist the State Government in the formulation of economic policies by furnishing technical note on current economic situation in the State.
- To participate on matching sample basis, in the yearly survey rounds of National Sample Survey Organization.
- To co-ordinate the statistical activities of various State Government departments with a view to suggest improvements in the existing methods of data collection.
- To provide statistical information to various Government Departments, offices, committees, working groups, commission’s set-up by the government and the research institutions.
- To organize regular training programmes for various statistical personnel working at different levels.
- To undertake or assist in undertaking special and ad-hoc studies or surveys as desired by the State Government and the Government of India.
- To provide technical guidance to District Statistical Officers, is coordinating statistical activities at district level with reference to statistical activities, various census and surveys.